Discovering Membership classes at living Word
Are you interested in learning more about becoming a member of LWBC? We offer options for college students, military, or temporary residents, as well. Discovering Church Membership classes are typically held once a month in Room 500, with lunch provided. To sign up or get more information, please contact Pam Kratochvil at [email protected].
What to expect at a discovering church membership class
- Fill out the “Application for Church Membership”
- Return the application via email to the office administrator at [email protected] or click the application link below
- Write a statement of salvation and be prepared to share a five-minute version of your salvation story in class
- See the “sharing your story” page for tips on preparing your testimony
Living Word Baptist Church’s Story
- Our Story (the past, present and future of LWBC)
- Introduction to Leadership
- How to Get Involved at LWBC
- What Is Involved in Membership
Each new member will have five minutes to present their story of salvation.
You will be asked to sign the Church Covenant statement. Then your leader will recommend you for membership if they feel that is the best next step. If you expressed any concerns and/or had questions during the class, your leader will set up a time to meet with you.
At the next worship service, we will present you as a candidate for membership where you will be voted on by the church body. Once you are affirmed as a member, you will get an email that the process has been completed. At that time, your profile will be changed to “member.”