Having been brought by the Holy Spirit to repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, according to the will of the Father, and having been baptized in faith in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I do now joyfully and solemnly covenant with Living Word Baptist Church. By the gracious aid of God, as a member of LWBC, I promise and commit to:
1. Trust and obey the Word of God by
- Acknowledging its supreme and final authority,
- Confessing and defending the doctrines of the church,
- Striving for the advancement of the church in knowledge, holiness, and comfort.
2. Promote and protect the unity of LWBC by
- Walking together in Christian love,
- Speaking in ways that are edifying,
- Seeking reconciliation by humbly repenting and freely offering forgiveness,
- Serving and providing care for one another as members of one body in Christ,
- Submitting to the leaders who have been granted authority by Christ through the church recognizing that they must give an account,
- Working together in accordance with this Covenant, our Church By-Laws and Confession,
- Watching over one another and receiving admonition as occasion may require,
- Participation in and accepting the discipline of the church concerning doctrine and conduct.
3. Take part in the edification of LWBC by
- Giving my time and money cheerfully and regularly to the ministries of LWBC,
- Serving the church using my spiritual gifts,
- Praying for the church as a whole, and for its members,
- Participation in the life of LWBC by actively engaging in worship, fellowship and ministry, regularly and faithfully, unless providentially hindered,
- Giving the church a sacred pre-eminence over all institutions of human origin,
- Observing the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper that Christ has given to the church,
- Fulfilling family obligations and commitments,
- Engaging in family worship and private devotion,
- Raising those under my care in the fear of the Lord.
4. Be faithful kingdom witnesses by
- Seeking the salvation of others through the proclamation of the gospel throughout the world,
- Aiding the poor and oppressed,
- Living with humility, justice, mercy, holiness, and peace in the world,
- To unite as soon as possible with another church of like faith and commitment to God’s Word if I move from this place.